Sunday, February 21, 2010

God First! Exercise 2nd

I got this in an email today from Prime Time with God, and it really applied to me, so many times I've done EVERYTHING I've need to do for "ME" but totally slacked on putting God First in my daily routines... I'm posting this prayer that came as a reminder to myself that I have to focus on my spiritual health first, then my physical health.!

Here it is... Dear God, More and more people today are concerned with their physical fitness and good health. But what about our spiritual fitness? I know you made us and you want us to take care of our bodies, but more important is our spiritual health. Paul told Timothy to "Train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and life to come" (1 Timothy 4:7-8).

Please help me to also work on "firming up my faith" in addition to firming up my body, so that I will be pleasing to you and an example to those around me. I want to grow closer and closer to you and would love to bring others along with me. Lord, anoint me. In Jesus' name I pray, amen. Good stuff!! Thank you Lord for putting that in my inbox this evening