Friday, April 23, 2010

Woo hoo my 1st 5k is tomorrow!

Who would have thought *I*, *ME*, would ever sign up for anything like that, well as you all know I've been on my weight loss journey since 1.1 and have been rocking it!! Well little by little I've began jogging and doing lots of walking so when the opportunity came up to participate in a 5k, I grabbed my checkbook and wrote the check so I wouldn't back out!!

4 months ago I could barely walk to the end of my driveway without
thinking I was dying and here I am now EXCITED to do 3.1 miles! WOO HOO that's so thrilling! I've come a long way!

My goal is to jog the first mile of the 5k (3.1 miles total) then walk at a fast pace the rest of the way. My husband is also walking with me, and that thrills me too! To finally have him on my side, supporting me really motivates me to do things I normally wouldnt push myself to do!

Ohh by the way I'm now down 38.4 pounds now!
Getting so close to my 2nd goal of 45lbs gone by 5-16!